Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A DAY OF ADVENTURES WITH GOD IN COSTA RICA

Dear Friends, Prayer Partners and Supporters,

I pray God has blessed each one of you in your needs and that He will strengthened us in our weaknesses so that our walk will be a light to all!!....AMEN.

This is what God did in one day of being on Missions with Him.

Adventure/Blessing #1 > I recieved a call early morning today (Tuesday) from a family that I have helped in Los Guido for over 3 years. One of the older sisters has two children (one is autistic), her name is Edie, she's 6 years old and about the size of a three year old and can't walk. They had heard that a Methodist mission in San Pedro was giving out wheelchairs to children who are autistic. They had to be there today or all would be gone. I got dressed, grabed a cup of coffee and headed out. It was about an hour ride to pick them up then go to San Pedro. We arrived in time as the mission team led by a local missionary "Charlie Strong" was giving out the wheelchairs. I think the picture tells the rest of the story. Praise God !
Today is also my day ministering at the men's rehab center in Coronado. Jason, who teaches the Bible Study (as my Spanish isn't good enough), called me this morning and tells me he can't make it due to his wife is sick and he needs to help with the baby. I can handle that.
I decided to give my testimony to the men, which I can do in Spanish. Another missionary (John) and his wife (Helen) who is a Pastor and Doctor from Korea of natural and Oriental medicine (acupuncture). also helps me every Tuesday.


Adventure/blessing #2 > We first stopped in Guadalupe at the church that helps support the C.A.F.E. ministry, because all the men from the center were helping paint the church. Paco, (he runs rehab center) has a very bad right knee and could hardly walk when we arrived. Pastor John wasted no time in getting Paco on a table and started treating him with acupuncture. After some moans and ouch's Paco emerged and could walk better with less pain., He was happy and everybody in the church office was talking about it. We arrived at the rehab center and all the men were excited about hearing my testimony and gathered to hear. I spoke about many things which touched all there hearts as the Holy Spirit directed me to many verses in Ephisians, we had a mighty prayer to finish.

Adventure/blessing #3 > Afterwards, one of the men came up to me and was weeping. He told me that he had been with God, but had given up on God for drugs and the other life. I asked him if he had ever been born again IN CHRISTand he answered no. So in my bad Spanish, I led him through the sinners prayer and he accepted Christ as his Lord and Savior..Note; he only had two days at the rehab center!! God had reached out and brought home one of His sheep that had strayed. Praise God.
That's him (Roberto)in the red jacket, but he's getting acupucture treatment in the picture.

Adventure/blessing #4 > In the mean time, John had set up doctors call in the meeting area, and before you knew it there were three or four men with needles sticking in them (wondering what's with this) while exercising their hurt areas with circle motions to stretch the muscles. And others were lining up. In an hours time, John with Helen's help, had treated and helped five or six of the men and had received there trust in this very unconventional way (in Costa Rica) of doctoring, that they had never seen or experienced before.
(This was the first doctor to visit the men that I know of!)
NOTE: I had been praying for a doctor for over a year, that would help me in my mission areas...Go figure? All the way from Korea via the USA for many years and planted in Costa Rica as a missionary Pastor / Doctor. I am blessed in knowing and working with John and his wife Helen. Please keep them in prayer as they plan on staying here for at least 2 years.

Other mission news;
All the children are back in school and doing good. They always thank me for their school supplies that you helped bring to them.


That's Mark and Adrian with the children before they moved to Belize to start there own mission.
And this is the car "SUV" they blessed me with, which has already proven a great blessing to my mission.

Starting a new Bible Study
" in Los Guizaros. This past week we started a new study using the "Experiencing God" work book. They are all excited as this will take them to a higher level of understanding God. Please keep the children in prayer in that they will come to a better understand of their walk with our Lord Jesus.
We thank you for your continued support as we go forth in the name of Jesus and proclaim the word of God, through teaching and in action to all that will hear and praying for all those who won't liston.
You Servent in
Christ Jesus
Bruddah Keith
Please send your support to,Commission To Every Nation, = "CTEN, P.O. Box 291307, Kerrville, TX 78029"...please send in all support by the 24th for that months disbursement. Make your check out to CTEN with a side note with my name on it, (not on the check).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Keith, I'm glad to hear that your ministry in Costa Rica is ever being blessed and continues to grow. God bless!